2. A) Call the police station.
B) Get the wallet for the man.
C) Show the man her family pictures.
D) Ask to see the man’s driver’s license.
3. A) The temperature is not as high as the man claims.
B) The room will get cool if the man opens the windows.
C) She is following instructions not to use the air-conditioning.
D) She is afraid the new epidemic SARS will soon spread all over town.
4. A) She lost a lot of weight in two years.
B) She stopped exercising two years ago.
C) She had a unique way of staying healthy.
D) She was never persistent in anything she did.
5. A) The man is not suitable for the position.
B) The job has been given to someone else.
C) She had received only one application letter.
D) The application arrived a week earlier than expected.
6. A) He’s unwilling to fetch the laundry.
B) He has already picked up the laundry.
C) He will go before the laundry closed.
D) He thinks his mother should get the clothes back.
7. A) At a shopping center.
B) At an electronics company.
C) At an international trade fair.
D) At a DVD counter in a music store.